M.Phil /Ph.D Programme in Women’s Studies
- The MPhil and PhD in Women’s and Gender Studies in collaboration with Ambedkar University Delhi.
- Duration of the programme: 2 years (4 semesters).
- Number of academic credits: 18 credits of courses plus thesis work of 12 credits.
- Whether thesis/dissertation is required: Yes
- Medium of instruction: English
- Number of seats available: 10 MPhil seats and 4 direct PhD seats. Reservation of seats in accordance with Government of NCT rules.
Minimum Eligibility: MPhil eligibility:- Masters in any field with 55% or equivalent CGA, or comparable professional qualification with 55% or equivalent CGA. (Minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD applicants.)
Direct PhD Eligibility: MPhil in Women’s and Gender Studies or in a related Social Sciences or Humanities discipline, OR Masters degree with at least 55% in aggregate (50% for SC/ST/PD applicants) along with at least two years’ relevant ‘practical’ experience or research engagement and/or publications in the related field.
Means of admission: Written test and interview
The Centre conducting intensive Research Methodology and Training Courses for research/ post graduate scholars with support from the ICSSR, along with short term courses in Women’s Studies.
The Centre is offering ICSSR Institutional Doctoral Fellowships in Women’s and Gender Studies since 2014.