- PhD (Sociology), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- M.Phil. (Sociology), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- M.A. (Sociology), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Sociology of education, study of social stratification, family life and educational research, classroom practices and out-of-school learning activities in the course of educational prospects and policy perspective.
- Maternal Involvement in Everyday Schooling: A Micro Study. Indian Journal of Gender Studies. Vol.22, No.2, 2015, pp. 219-242.
- Contextualizing ‘Quality Schooling’: An Appraisal of Pedagogy and Classroom Processes. IASSI Quarterly: Contributions to Indian Social Science. Vol. 30, No.1, January- March 2011, pp.98-108.
- Language, Culture and Education: A Sociological Perspective. Third Concept. Vol. 21, No. 250, 2007, pp. 25-28.