- MA (History), Delhi University, Delhi
- Women Workers and Globalization: Emergent Contradictions in India, Stree, Kolkata, 2007
- (with Neetha N & Samantha Watson) ‘Making Sense of the Wilderness: Policy Flux, Misdirection and the Unfreedoms of Women Migrant Workers in India’ Third World Quarterly (forthcoming).
- “Gender, Labour and Women’s Work: Issues, Experiences and Debates in India” in Takako Inoue et al (eds.) Social Transformation and Cultural Change in South Asia: From the Perspectives of the Socio-Economic Periphery, The Institute of Oriental Studies, Daito Bunka University, Tokyo, 2017.
- ‘A Gendered Employment Crisis and Women’s Labour in 21st Century India’ in The JMC Review: An Interdisciplinary Social Science Journal of Criticism, Practice and Theory, Vol. 1, 2017.
- ‘Adivasi Women in India’s Migration Story’, in S. Irudaya Rajan (ed), India Migration Report 2015: Gender and migration, Routledge India, 2016.
- ‘Unfree Mobility’ in Meena Radhakrishna (ed) First Citizens: Studies on Adivasis, Tribals, and Indigenous Peoples in India, OUP, India, 2016.
- (with Indu Agnihotri) ‘Traversing Myriad Trails: Tracking Gender and Labour Migration across India’, in Tham-Dam Truong et al (eds), Migration, Gender and Social Justice, Perspectives on Human Insecurity, Springer, Heidelberg New York Dordrecht London, 2014.
- ‘Women’s Labour Migration in India’, (in English and German) in Sara Poma and Katharina Pühl (eds) Perspectives on Asian migration: Transformations of Gender and Labour Relations, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Berlin, 2013.
- ‘The Widening Gender Gap in Employment’, Yojana, October, 2013.
- ‘Women’s Work, Employment and the Indian Economy’ in Voice of the Working Woman, May, 2013.
- (with Neetha N, and Indu Agnihotri) ‘Migration and Gender in India’, Economic & Political Weekly (Special Article), March 9, 2013.
- ‘Missing the Wood for the Trees, The Human Development Report, 2009’, Women’s Equality, Number 1, January-March, 2010.
- Co-author of Introduction to Undoing Our Future, A Report on the Status of the Young Child in India, FORCES (Forum for Creche and Child Care Services), New Delhi, 2009.
- ‘Dusty Trails and Unsettled Lives: Women’s Labour Migration in Rural India’, The Indian Journal of Gender Studies, Volume 16 (3), September-December, 2009
- Public-Private Partnership in ICDS: Privatisation vs. Universalisation’, Labour File, Volume 6 Nos: 4-5, July-October 2008.
- ‘Women’s Unpaid Labour in Neo-liberal India’, The Indian Historical Review, Volume XXXV,No 2, July 2008.
- ‘Homebased Work in 21st Century India’, CWDS Occasional Paper No.64, May 2018.
- ‘Unfree Mobility: Adivasi Women’s Migration’ CWDS Occasional Paper No. 60, April, 2014.