- Ph.D., Centre for Social Medicine and Community Health, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- M.Phil., Centre for Social Medicine and Community Health, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- M.A. Social Work, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
Her research work includes the study of Public Private Partnerships in health care, commercialization of health care, childbirth practices and medicalization, midwifery and women’s health workforce. The work is interdisciplinary. She is part of Women and Gender Studies Programme (MPhil and PhD) held in collaboration with Ambedkar University Delhi.
Journal Guest Editor
- Indian Journal of Gender Studies, 23 (1) 2016 Special Issue: Gender and Commercialisation of Health Care
- Roy B, Qadeer I, Sadgopal M, Chawla J, and Gautam S. (forthcoming) Giving Births at Home in India: Developing Women Centric Approach as in Gutschow K and Davis-Floyd R. (eds.) Sustainable Birth in Disruptive Times , Springer Series: Global Maternal and Child Health
- Role of Public-Private Partnerships in Ensuring Universal Healthcare for India in Qadeer I, Saxena KB and Arathi PM (eds) Universalising Healthcare in India: From Care to Coverage, 2019, Aakar Books, New Delhi
- (With Karpagam S, Vasan A, Gajraj E, Qadeer I) A Critical look at Public-Private Partnership dor Health Service in Karnataka in Qadeer I, Saxena KB and Arathi PM (eds) Universalising Healthcare in India: From Care to Coverage, 2019, Aakar Books, New Delhi
- Roy, B. (2015) Public Private Partnership in Healthcare: Trajectories and Experiences from West Bengal in I Qadeer (Ed.) INDIA: Social Development Report 2014: Challenges of Public Health, Oxford University Publication, New Delhi.
- Qadeer, I., Roy, B., and Gautam, S. (2015) Must History repeat itself? The Role of Dais in Maternity Care in Backward Districts of Himachal Pradesh In Qadeer I (Ed.) INDIA: Social Development Report 2014: Challenges of Public Health, Oxford University Publication, New Delhi.
- Roy, B. (2010) User Fee Policy in West Bengal: A Case Study in Kelley Michele and Dsouza Deepika (Eds.), The World Bank in India: Undermining Sovereignty, Distorting Development, Orient Black Swan, New Delhi.
- Chakravarthi, I., Roy, B., Mukhopadhyay, I., and Barria, S. (2017) Investing in Health – Healthcare Industry in India. Economic & Political Weekly Vol LII, No. 45
- Roy, B. (2017) Aspiring for Universal Health Coverage through Private Care, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 52, Issue No. 16, 22 April
- Roy, B. (2016) Corporate Hospitals in India and Representation of Women’s Medical Care, Indian Journal of Gender Studies, Vol. 23, No. 1.
- Roy, B. (2016) Introduction, Indian Journal of Gender Studies, Vol. 23 No. 1,
- Roy, B. (2014) Restructuring and Shifting Boundaries: What does it mean for Maternal Health care?, Samyukta : A Journal of Women’s Studies, Vol. XIV, No. 2.
- Karpagam, S., Roy, B., Seethappa, V. K., & Qadeer, I. (2013) Evidence Based Planning – A Myth or Reality: Use of Evidence by the Planning Commission on Public Private Partnership, Social Change, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp 213-226
- Roy, B., and Siddharta, Gupta, (2011) Public-Private Partnership and User Fees in Healthcare: Evidence from West Bengal, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XLVI, No. 38, Sept. 17-23, pp 74-78.
- Roy, B. (2010) Outsourcing of Service Provisioning and Changing Employment Relationship in Public Sector Hospitals of West Bengal, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol. 53 No.(2), pp 409-422
- Roy, B. (co-authored with Husain Z and S Ghosh) (2009) ‘Top heavy’ systems and quality of health care: A survey of select departments in R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital, India”, Social Medicine, Vol.4, No.2
- Roy, B. Restructuring Public Sector Hospital Services: Marginalising the Poor available online at http://www.esocialsciences.com
- 2016 Singh, A., Roy, B., Qadeer, I., Chawla, J., Caleb, L., Sadgopal, M., and Gautam, S. Establishing the Scope and Pattern of Care by Dais During and After Childbirth in Four Cultural and Geographic Settings in India: The Jeeva Project Study Report, CWDS, New Delhi.
- 2017 Roy, B. Book Review: Sarah Hodges and Mohan Rao (Eds), Public Wealth and Private Wealth: Stem Cells, Surrogates and Other Strategic Bodies. New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2016, Indian Journal of Gender Studies February, Vol.24, No.1.
- 2008 Husain, Z., Ghosh, S., and Roy, B. Socio-Economic Profile of the Users in Public and Private Sector Hospitals of Kolkata, Occasional Paper No. 14, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata
- 2018 Roy, B. Public Private Partnership / P3s in Health Sector in India, Medico Friend Circle Bulletin 379, July. http://www.mfcindia.org/mfcpdfs/MFC379.pdf p 29-31
- 2018 Roy, B. Growing Informalisation of Workforce and Public sector Hospitals in India, Medico Friend Circle Bulletin 377-378, February. http://www.mfcindia.org/mfcpdfs/MFC377-378.pdf p 24-26
- 2017 Roy, B. Why Public-Private Collaboration is Bad News for Healthcare in India. The Wire. https://thewire.in/health/ppp-healthcare-health-policy March 20.