- Ph.D. (Gender Studies), London School of Economics
- M.A. (Women and Development), Institute of Social Studies
- Essays in Gender and Governance: Studies from South Asia. Zubaan Books: New Delhi, 2018 (in press).
- Between Democracy and Nation: Gender and Militarisation in Kashmir. Women Unlimited (New Delhi) 2009; Oxford University Press (Karachi) 2010; South End Press (Boston) 2010.
Research papers / Articles
- Gender and Governance in Kashmir in Chitralekha Zutshi (ed.), Kashmir: History, Representation, Politics, 2018. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- ‘Gender and Militarization in Kashmir’ in John Esposito (ed.) Oxford Islamic Studies Online Series, 2015.
- ‘South Asia’s Gendered Wars on Terror’ in Rawwida Baksh and Wendy Harcourt (eds.) Oxford Handbook of Transnational Feminist Movements, New York: Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Gender and Democratic Governance in South Asia. Special Paper for International Development and Research Centre (IDRC). Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning, 2010.
- Shopian: War, Gender and Democracy in Kashmir. Economic and Political Weekly, December 5, 2009 Vol. XLIV No. 49.
- The Discontents of Democracy in Kashmir, in Kashmir Lit. Vol II, Issue II (Fall 2009.
- Fractured Community: Prospects for Community-based Reconstruction in Kashmir in Tanyss Munro and Rawwida Baksh (eds.) Learning to Live: Using Open and Distance Learning for Community Peacebuilding. (Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning, 2009.
- Academic Discourse: Gender, Militarization and Society in Kashmir. Paper presented at ‘Seminar on Kashmir’ (Utrecht: Interchurch Peace Council IKV, 2007.
- Gender, Governance and Women’s Rights in South Asia, Seema Kazi, Occasional Paper No.57, 2011