|Application Form for Assistant Professor|
|Application Form for Non-Academic Posts|
Centre for Women’s Development Studies, New Delhi (An ICSSR supported Research Institute) invites applications on prescribed format for filling up the following posts:
I) ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Reserved for SC) – Scale of Pay: Rs.15600-39100 (PB-3) AGP Rs.6000
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, Law from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. A relaxation of 5% (from 55% to 50%) to SC candidates is permissible based on only qualifying marks without including any grace marks procedures;
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET;
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement on minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions;
- The candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor are requested to submit a certificate to the effect that the Ph.D. has been awarded in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2009, to get exemption from NET;
- The candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor who were enrolled for Ph.D. before July 11, 2009 will be governed by the 4th Amendment, UGC Regulations 2016, which is as under:
“Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for M.Phil./Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/ Bylaws/ Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- Ph. D. degree of the candidates awarded in regular mode only;
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. theses by at least two external examiners;
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences /seminars, based on his/ her Ph.D. work;
(a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/ Pro-Vice Chancellor/ Dean (Academic Affairs)/Dean (University instructions)”.
vi.Experience in Gender and Women’s Studies is desirable.
II) ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (Reserved for OBC) – Scale of Pay: Rs.15600-39100 with GP Rs.5400
- Good academic record plus Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks (5% relaxable for OBC category) or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven-point scale from a recognized university;
- 10 years’ experience as Section Officer or in an equivalent post in a Govt. Department/ University/ Autonomous Body/ Government Educational Institutions;
- Candidates should be conversant with Govt. of India/ UGC Rules and Regulations; have the capacity to handle official correspondence and prepare agenda notes/ minutes of various committees; have experience and knowledge of office Administration, Accounts and Maintenance work; Good knowledge of computer applications.
- Well-versed in budgeting, investments etc.
Age limit: 45 years (Three years relaxation for OBC candidates)
III) RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Reserved for OBC)
Scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800 with GP Rs.4600
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (5% relaxable for OBC category) preferable with MPhil degree and 2 years’ experience in the area of Social Sciences, Women’s Studies, Environment, Public Health, Education, Laws.
- Proficiency in research, quantitative methods and willing to undertake field research, data analysis and preparation of field reports.
- Preference will be given to candidates having experience in Women’s and Gender Studies.
Age limit: 35 years (Three years relaxation for OBC candidates)
IV) STENOGRAPHER, Grade III (Reserved for OBC) – Scale of Pay: Rs.5200-20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2400
- Secondary School Certificate (10+2) with proficiency in shorthand with a speed of 80 w.p.m.
- Candidates will have to qualify the following tests before interview:
- Paper – I: General English of three hours’ duration
- Paper – II: General Knowledge of one and half-hours’ duration
- Paper – III: Stenography skill test (on computer) at the speed of 80 w.p.m. for 7 minutes: For transcription time – English shorthand dictation 55 minutes.
- The skill test of Shorthand will be conducted first and transcription will be conducted on computer. Those who qualify in the skill test will be called for written test. Thereafter, those who qualify in written tests will be called for interview;
- Minimum qualifying marks in the prescribed written tests of each paper for all the posts will be 40%. Relaxation in minimum qualifying marks in written test will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates for the reserved posts of each category i.e. 20% for SC & OBC, 25% for ST.
- Capacity to handle office correspondence.
Age limit: 35 years (Three years relaxation for OBC candidates)
- Those eligible and interested may apply in the format available on the Centre’s website. Applications in the prescribed format will be accepted.
- Incomplete application form without signatures and other documents shall be rejected.
- The Centre reserves the right to:
i) Draw panel(s) for future appointment(s) in the event of non-joining of candidate(s) within the stipulated time;
ii) Conduct interview through Skype for candidates applying from abroad or from PH category at their request;
iii) Not to fill up any of the advertised positions.
- Relaxation in educational qualifications, experience, age etc. to the reserved category candidates will be permissible as per UGC/ Government of India rules.
- SC/ST caste certificate issued to the candidate by the competent authority should be in the format prescribed by Government of India for this purpose.
- In the case of OBC reservations, recent certificate should be issued from competent authority particularly with reference to Non-creamy layer. Those who fail to submit the required certificate(s) will be treated as General Category, subject to fulfilment of other terms & conditions. Candidates not covered in the Central list of OBC need not apply.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates, the Centre, at its discretion, may restrict the number of candidates to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications/experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Advertisement No., Post number and post applied for should be clearly indicated in the application form.
- Separate Application Form is required to be filled up for each post to be accessed from Centre’s website
- Those already in Government service should forward their application through proper channel and /or submit the copy of the NOC along with application form
- The eligibility of the candidates will be determined on the basis of qualifications/ experience/ publications etc. acquired by them upto the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
- The Centre reserves the right to modify /withdraw /cancel any communication made to the candidate(s) at any stage in the process of selection in case any inadvertent mistake is detected even after issue of appointment letter.
- The Centre shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has undesirable/ clandestine antecedents and has suppressed any information, then his/ her service shall be terminated.
- The Centre reserves the right to alter/ insert any corrections/ additions in the advertisement /website in the event of any typographical error etc. before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications, for which the candidates are advised to be on the lookout for announcements in the website
- Skill test/ written test(s) should not be construed as a merit test; the selection will be made purely on the basis of performance in the interview on the recommendation of Selection Committee.
- Knowledge of Computer operations is necessary for all posts.
- No TA/DA or local conveyance shall be paid to the candidates called for skill/ written tests.
- Applications received after last date shall not be entertained and the centre will not be responsible for any postal delays.
- Canvassing or bringing influence in any form shall disqualify candidature of the applicant without notice.
- The applications in the prescribed forms should reach the Centre through proper channel. Applications received after the last date shall not be accepted by the Centre.
Those applying for Faculty positions may further note the following before applying:
- Qualifications and other conditions applicable to the post of Assistant Professor are subject to UGC regulations 2010 as amended from time to time.
- The period spent by the candidates to acquire M.Phil and /or Ph.D Degree shall not be considered as research experience for the post of Assistant Professor.
- (a) Candidates applying for faculty positions should go through the essential qualifications and other instructions carefully before applying and also submit copies of all evidences in support of their claims.
(b) API score for journals may be claimed on the basis of whether papers are published in refereed journals or other reputed journals as per UGC Regulations 2016 (4th Amendment).
- An undertaking to be given by the candidate mentioning that the publications submitted by them are free from any plagiarism and if plagiarism is found later, their candidature /selection shall stand rejected.
Applicants are required to submit the applications on the prescribed format alongwith one passport size photograph (pasted on the application duly signed across) and self-attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, caste, PWD certificate, ID proof of residence etc. duly signed by the applicant to Director, Centre for Women’s Development Studies, 25 Bhai Vir Singh Marg (Gole Market), New Delhi – 110 001 within 30 days of the publication of this advertisement. Crucial date for fixing eligibility criteria, upper age limit, etc. shall be the last date of submission of application form. Submission of application in the prescribed form shall be mandatory along with the testimonials/ certificates.