- M.A. (Geography) from Centre For the Study of Regional Development, JNU, New Delhi.
- Certificate Course in Gender Issues in Development Planning from Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok
Area of Interest: Panchayati Raj, child rights and issue of sex selection in relation to sex ratio etc.
Savitri Ray is National Coordinator of FORCES Network since 2007. She has also worked with Govt.of Haryana and Uttarakhand.
National coordinator, FORCES Network
Forum for crèche & child care services (FORCES) is a national level advocacy network for children under six. CWDS is the founder organization of this network which started in 1989 in a meeting to discuss how to end the neglect of child care services. The discussion was born out of the Government of India Report- “Shram Shakti Report 1988” which reflected the harsh reality of the needs of millions of women to have security of wages in order to survive.
The network has 10 state chapters and the secretariat is located in CWDS for last 10 years.
Savitri Ray has more than 35 years of research and investigation experience in relation to status of women. She has done work on Employment and Income Generation for Rural Women, Rural Energy, Panchayati raj and Migration. Also edited a newsletter for peasant women (Kisanin Manch) and conducted Gender training under NCERT/DIET programme. She has worked as Gender Expert with the Forest Department; Govt. of Haryana during 1999 – 2001 and also evaluated a Watershed Management programme in the state of Uttarakhand during 2003-2005.Areas of interest include panchayati raj, child rights and issue of sex selection in relation to sex ratio etc.
She is the coordinator of FORCES network since 2007.
- Chapter on “Childcare for Women in Informal Economy” Sustainable Development of Women ed. Santosh Tikoo, 2018, Mark Books, New Delhi
- FORCES: 25 Years of Advocacy and Action, 2017 , published by CWDS- FORCES
- Women in NREGA: Issues of Child Care- Case studies from Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, published by CWDS- Plan India, 2011
- A Primer on ECCD- A booklet, published by Plan India,2011
- Undoing our Future: A Report on the Status of Young Child in India. Co-author , Chapter on Introduction , published by CWDS& Plan India,2010
- Chapter on “The predicament of the Girl Child: To be or not to Be” (Part I) in the Report on the Status of Young Child in India entitled “Undoing our Future”, 2010
- Note on CRC and Status of Children, in the Proceedings of the Regional consultations on the Status of Young child ,published by CWDS- Plan India , 2009
- Mapping of Young Child- A PRA exercise,2012
- Gender training manual, 2000
- PRA Tools and Techniques 2009
CWDS-FORCES In-house Reports
- Operational Plan of FORCES (2014-18)
- Operational Plan of FORCES (2011-15)
- Assessment of NREGA on Women & children (Phase II)- A case study of Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana on the Status of Young Child in India, 2011
- Celebrating 20 years of FORCES, 2010
- Social audit of ICDS- UP/ Uttarakhand/Jharkhand/ Odhisha, 2010