| Details about the Course |
| Important Information Regarding the Ph.D. Women and Gender Studies Entrance Test 2017 |
| Ph.D 2017 Entrannce Test |
PhD in Women’s and Gender Studies, 2017
Ambedkar University Delhi and Centre for Women’s Development Studies (CWDS), Delhi
Women’s and Gender Studies Ph.D. programme is conducted jointly by Ambedkar University Delhi and Centre for Women’s Development Studies (Delhi) as part of collaboration between the two institutions. It creates a space for questioning silences around gender that steer the workings of caste, class and community in contemporary and historical societies, and in the social sciences.
PhD in Women’s and Gender Studies:
The Women’s and Gender Studies programme is currently inviting applications from eligible candidates for the 2017 batch starting from January, 2017. The details are given below:
No. of Seats: 10
Admissions will be made in accordance with the reservation policies of the Government of NCT of Delhi in respect of various social groups and other categories as applicable to institutions of higher education. Applicants claiming the benefit of reservations will have to produce the requisite certificates from the competent authorities.
- Those who have completed MPhil in Women’s and Gender Studies or in a related Social Sciences or Humanities discipline.
- Those who have a Masters’ degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognised University (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) along with at least two years of work experience or publications in a related field.
- The requirement of at least 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognised University (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) at the Masters’ level is also applicable to those with an M.Phil. Degree.
Direct PhD in Women’s and Gender Studies entails mandatory course work as allocated to the student. It will include specific courses designed to strengthen the core areas of research of each student and courses on methodology, theory or movements as required. The total number of credits of course work will depend on how many courses are allocated to each student and will vary accordingly. Candidates holding the MPhil degree in an area/discipline unrelated to Women’s and Gender Studies could be required to complete additional courses as determined by the Research Studies Committee (RSC). Even those PhD candidates, who already hold an MPhil degree in areas pertaining to Women’s and Gender Studies, may be asked to undertake some of our MPhil courses. The RSC could decide that research on the proposed topic requires a particular kind of preparation that the scholar has not yet obtained in her/his education and training and accordingly recommend the same.
Fellowships and Stipend
- AUD extends full fee waiver to all students belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories (please keep your certificates ready for admissions).
- Successful Ph.D. candidates will be eligible to apply for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships through the CWDS, for which there is a separate application process including interview which will be undertaken after formal registration in the Ph.D. programme.
- AUD will give stipend to PhD scholars who are not availing any fellowship/grant.
Admission Process: Admission to the programme will comprise of three components: Research proposal; entrance exam and interview.
|Call for application opens||20th October, 2016|
|Deadline for submission of applications||21st November, 2016 (4:30 pm)|
|Display of names of candidates shortlisted for entrance exam||25th November, 2016|
|Date of entrance examination||28th November, 2016|
|Display of name list for interviews||1st December, 2016|
|Date of interviews||2nd December, 2016|
|Declaration of admission list||3rd December, 2016|
|Admissions||5th -8th December, 2016|
Important Note: Application process must be completed successfully online according to the instructions given (www.aud.ac.in). A hard copy of your research proposal (2000-3000 words) should be sent to the Ambedkar University, Delhi address given below. It can either be sent by post or hand delivered. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PROPOSAL (HARD COPY as well as Soft Copy) WILL BE REJECTED AND NOT PROCESSED FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAM.
Apart from online submission, submit a hard copy of your research proposal and photocopy of the documents certifying the eligibility criteria, including NCT-non-NCT status, on or before the last date of submitting applications:
Applications for PhD programme in Women’s and Gender Studies should be identified as ‘Research Studies Application 2017’ and addressed or hand delivered (on or before 21st November, 2016, 4:00 pm) to:
PhD in Women’s and Gender Studies, 2017
Research Studies Committee,
School of Human Studies,
Ambedkar University, Delhi,
Kashmere Gate Campus, Lothian Road,
Note: Applicants are expected to visit AUD website (http://www.aud.ac.in) from time to time to remain informed about admissions related activities and deadlines.